Forbes Africa, presented a list of the Top 10 Most Bankable African Artists yesterday with Akon at the very top of the list.
The presentation which was in conjunction with Channel O ranks Wizkid ahead of his former mentor Banky W and legend 2Face Ididbia. But the young sensation still ranks below Don Jazzy, P Square and D’Banj.
Their list was put together using factors such as endorsement value, popularity, show rates, Sales, awards, YouTube views, appearance in newspapers, investment, social media presence, Influence and so many other factors.
Here’s the TOP 10
1. AKON – CEO of Konvict Music, opened doors with other African artiste.
2. DON JAZZY – Producer. CEO Mavin Records, Influential producer, MTN, Samsung and Loyal Milk endorsement. D’Banj, Kanye West, Beyonce and Jay Z on production credit.
3. P SQUARE – Music Duo. Featured on ForbesAfrica twice, sold out concert, presidential guest in at least 5 African countries, they fly a private jet.
4. D’BANJ – Music Artiste. International music brand, GOOD Music deal, Sony Entertainment deal
5. WIZKID – Music Artiste. EME artiste, Starboy CEO, affiliation with Disturbing London, several international collaboration, highest paid Pepsi ambassador in Africa, ambassador of MTN.
6. 2FACE IDIBIA – Music Artiste. 10million disc sales and at least 7million digital sales, multiple ambassador, Guinness associated one campaign, Haven Homes, Airtel Worldwide and philanthropist of 2Face Foundation.
7. ANSELMO RALPH – Music Artiste Samsung and Coca Cola ambassador, Angola prince, Perfume line, clothing label, multimillion dollar tour bus, Sony artiste.
8. SARKODIE – Rapper. Presidential youth ambassador Ghana, Sark clothing, Samsung ambassador, fan milk Ghana.
9. ICE PRINCE – Music Artiste. Six million downloads, 2 studio owner, one foundation member, Plug N Play ambassador, Zamani foundation.
10. BANKY W – Music Artiste. Co owner EME, Samsung Ambassador, Philanthropist, multiple award winner.